What is Digital Advertising?
At its most basic, digital advertising is any sort of advertisement that appears online, whether on your web browser, your social media apps, or other destinations and resources across the internet.
Today, digital advertising takes many forms and uses various channels including social media, video streaming, mobile apps, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads you see at the top of search results, and almost anywhere else that can get your attention. We take a look inside the biggest and the most connected advertising platform.
Inside Google Marketing
We split the plan into three steps, sharing precisely what Google’s Advertising team uses—and in what order—to raise awareness, lead generation, online sales, offline sales, and install applications.
3 Steps to measure Digital Advertising
Use Data to Set Goals
Type of Goals
a) What do you want to achieve with a Google ad campaign?
This is the marketing objective (MO). The performance products of Google ads are specially designed for these four: Lead Generation, Online Sales, Offline Sales, & Mobile Growth.
b) What metrics do you have to measure and improve to fulfill that MO?
This is the KPI (Key Performance Indicator).
c) What Value does the KPI have to reach to be successful?
That is the campaign goal. This value is determined by the ROI required by the business based on the Customer Lifetime Value (or nearest proxy to this).
Type of Performance Goals
A framework that helps the effectiveness and cost-efficiency of marketing efforts:
Choosing a Goal
A useful Campaign goal is :
a) Quantifiable: Results can be measured clearly
b) Incremental: Goes beyond what is achieved naturally without any media expense.
c) Commercially Viable: Produces positive return on investment.
The gold standard for performance campaigns inside Google advertising is Customer Lifetime Value(CLV), which measures a customer’s value over a specific time-frame.
Performance campaign metrics
When Google works on sales or revenue campaigns (which the team calls ‘results’ or campaigns for ‘direct response,’) we usually target the following.
A Conversion occurs when a customer completes a valuable action.
Conversion tracking is critical because:
a) it shows whether the campaign is effective in driving the desired KPIs and goals.
b) it allows us to calculate the campaign ROAS or CPA, to see if the campaign is cost-efficient.
c) it allows us to save time and improve efficiency by unlocking automated strategies in Google Ads.
Google ads use strong algorithms to learn machines to help get the right ads to the right client.
We often introduce automated bidding once we’ve set up conversion monitoring.
– automation optimizes our campaigns towards a metric or objective
– it’s guided by our CLV and our target ROI (Return on Investment)
– saves us time, providing both flexible control options and insightful reporting tools
– ensures efficiency by placing the right bid at the right time.
Dynamic creative formats are another excellent form of automation accessible through conversion monitoring.
We saw that machine learning manually checks our creative properties. We use dynamic creatives because they produce more income per media dollar invested in our experience.
– These advertisements are driven by machine learning algorithms to view custom-tailored images and text
– 45k+ possible permutations are available for testing with up to 30 person text, logo, video & image variations.
Also Read: 3 ways humans can do PPC better than machines alone
Waterfall Media Planning
A waterfall methodology provides budgets dependent on their performance for the various channels.
– The best channel performs in full before the demand within CPA and ROAS goals can be completely captured.
– At this point, it’s considered fully-saturated; only then does the second-best performing channel begin receiving funds, and so on.
– Google prioritizes the networks continuously, thereby hitting the objective of the total CPA or ROAS by CLV.
Water Budget Planning
Why use WaterFall?
Running multiple campaigns & products across Google Ads can be complicated.
– We found that our best-performing channels are a priority, which means that we continue to concentrate financially on lasers and measuring.
– The Waterfall strategy encompasses both large and small budgets and national and global initiatives.
Advertisement Strategy is one of the key elements of the marketing mix and deals with anyone or two-way communication that takes place with the consumer. Bookmark this page to following these simple steps to gain maximum advantage.
If your campaigns are getting complicated and are not driving the results then you can reach out to us for advisory.
For questions or to share your project details with us, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp at +91-7982534881.
Article submitted by: