COVID-19 drives more business to B2B marketplaces
Global marketplace growth is being led by the B2B segment, with sales expected to hit $3.6 trillion by 2024 — up from $680 billion in 2018 — according to recently-released report data of interest to digital marketers, which also showed that 89 percent of purchasing managers are spending at least the same or significantly more because of pandemic circumstances. b2b-marketplaces/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Digital Commerce 360
How Committed Are Big Advertisers to Content Marketing?
Over the past two years major advertisers have doubled their commitment to content marketing, with 52 percent of senior-level marketers saying their firm is strongly committed to content marketing — up from 26 percent two years ago, according to recently-released survey data from the Association of National Advertisers (ANA) and The Content Council. MarketingProfs
The Pandemic Pushes A Rebound in Mobile App Opens
Technology, Internet and productivity app opens saw a 55 percent year-over-year increase from March through June, with business app opens up 26 percent and finance and insurance industry app opens seeing a 22 percent rise, according to newly-released report data highlighting strong positive shifts from app opens during March. MarketingCharts
Facebook Announces Beta Launch of ‘Horizon’ VR Social Experience
Facebook has launched a test version of its Horizon virtual reality (VR) social media experience, offering features for collaboration along with social interaction elements — available via waiting list — the firm recently announced. facebook-announces-beta-launch-of-horizon-vr-social-experience/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Social Media Today
Influencer Followers Will Continue Spending More Time on Social Media After Restrictions Lift
Among U.S. and U.K. consumers who follow social media influencers, 72 percent said they have spent more time using social platforms during the pandemic, and 64 percent also said that they are likely to continue the same level of usage during post-pandemic times, according to recently-released GlobalWebIndex survey data.. eMarketer
LinkedIn lets Page owners view, sort, learn more about their followers
LinkedIn (client) has launched an array of new features for its business pages, including more detailed page follower information, page-related event listings, and new employee content sharing and curation options, the Microsoft-owned professional social media platform recently announced. linkedin-lets-page-owners-view-sort-learn-more-about-their-followers-340115" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Search Engine Land
Google Ads to limit Search Terms reporting, citing privacy
Google has started notifying its Google Ads users that certain infrequently-searched terms will no longer be available in the Google Ads search terms report — a move the search giant says is aimed at protecting user data and maintain privacy standards, Google recently announced. The move has led certain advertisers to question whether the Google Ads change will remove the ability to discover helpful search terms. Search Engine Land
Want to create loyal customers? Get on the bleeding edge of data security
Brand loyalty is tied to strong data privacy, with 31 percent of U.S. consumers seeing it as the most important factor, while 40 percent said that trustworthiness is tops when it comes to brand loyalty, according to recently-released survey data also showing that 42 percent refuse to share sensitive personal data for any reason. TechRepublic
Instagram Carousels Are the Most Engaging Post Type [STUDY]
10-slide carousel posts have seen the highest engagement rates on Instagram, according to newly-released survey data from Socialinsider of interest to digital marketers. The study of some 22 million Instagram posts also shows that the use of carousels has risen faster than video content, while traditional image publication has fallen. instagram-carousels/379311/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Search Engine Journal
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE:
The hashtag turns 13 — Chris Messina
TOPRANK MARKETING & CLIENTS IN THE NEWS:
- Lee Odden / TopRank Marketing — New Report Says B2B Influencer Marketing Still Has Massive Room For Growth — b2b-influencer-marketing-still-has-massive-room-for-growth/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Forbes
- Lee Odden — Keynote Lineup for Pubcon Pro Virtual 2020 — Pubcon
- TopRank Marketing — Nicht nur für B2C: Wie B2B-Unternehmen von Influencer Marketing profitieren [In German] — b2b-unternehmen/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Futurebiz
- Lee Odden — Monday’s Marketing Minute: The Relaunch — Mack Collier
- Lee Odden — What’s Trending: Who Tells Your (Brand’s) Story? — linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/blog/what-s-trending-in-marketing--top-content-of-the-week/2020/what-s-trending--who-tells-your-story-" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">LinkedIn (client)
- TopRank Marketing — The Essential Qualities B2B Brands Look for in Influencers — b2b-brands-look-for-in-influencers" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">MarketingProfs
- TopRank Marketing — MGM Resorts cuts 18,000 jobs, NBA teams to offer arenas as voting locations, and 78% of B2B marketers say prospects rely on influencers’ opinions — b2b-marketers-say-prospects-rely-on-influencers-opinions/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">PR Daily
- TopRank Marketing — Influencer marketing daje pozytywne skutki w marketingu B2B [In Polish] — b2b" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">SOCIALPRESS
Have you located your own top marketing stories from the past week of news? Please let us know in the comments below.
Thanks for taking the time to join us for the weekly B2B marketing industry news, and we hope you’ll return again next Friday and tune in for another look at the most relevant B2B and digital marketing industry news. In the meantime, you can follow us at twitter.com/toprank" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">@toprank on Twitter for even more timely daily news.
The post b2b-marketing-news-090420/">B2B Marketing News: Mobile Apps Thrive, Carousels Most Engaging Format on Instagram, Facebook’s Horizon VR, & Data Security’s Customer Loyalty Connection appeared first on Online Marketing Blog – TopRank®.