Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Featured snippets: How much do you really know about them? [QUIZ]
Jul 31, 2017 by Stephan Spencer
Think you’re an expert on featured snippets? Then put your money where your mouth is and take this quiz, created by columnist Stephan Spencer!
- How local businesses can turn the threat of on-demand deliveries to their own advantage
Jul 31, 2017 by Brian Smith
On-demand delivery services are making local businesses nervous, but columnist Brian Smith explains why this new shift in consumer behavior should be seen as an opportunity to grow.
- Best Practices for Building an On-Demand Content Strategy
Jul 31, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
On August 17th, join us as Mark Bornstein, VP of Content Marketing at ON24, highlights the best practices for building an on-demand content strategy. He’ll explain how to build your on-demand content network, and increase the reach of your content to generate more leads and expand your sales pipeline.
- How to use the power of social media to better market your online store
Jul 31, 2017 by Steve Olenski
Contributor Steve Olenski explains the benefits of employing social media tools and techniques to let potential customers get to know your brand.
- Are neural networks the next marketing creatives?
Jul 31, 2017 by Barry Levine
Researchers at the UK’s University of Warwick have trained the system to recognize which urban or rural scenes are the most beautiful.
- Report: Customer satisfaction with search drops, in social Google+ beats Facebook
Jul 30, 2017 by Greg Sterling
ACSI rankings are based on survey of nearly 5,000 US consumers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Analytics approaches every marketer should know #1: Descriptive analytics, Econsultancy
- Leads aren’t Everything. Find the Metrics that Drive your Business, MarTech Advisor
- Discovery Communications To Buy Scripps For $14.6 Billion, AdExchanger
- Reddit raised $200 million in funding and is now valued at $1.8 billion, Recode
- 37 Ways to Rock Your Content, Copyblogger
- 5 Easy Content Optimization Tactics to Boost Your Traction & ROI, Search Engine Journal
- How to Explain Content Marketing to Anyone, Content Marketing Institute
- Five ways retailers are helping in-store shoppers using digital channels, Econsultancy
- Study: Customer dissatisfaction with internet news drags down e-biz index, Mobile Marketer
- Which Comes First, the Ecommerce Platform or the Developer?, Practical Ecommerce
- How list management can help drive sales, VerticalResponse
General Internet Marketing
- iPhone 8 Infrared Face Detection and General Device Design Revealed in HomePod Firmware, Mac Rumors
- Jay Acunzo on How to be an Exceptional Marketer, Marketo
- Why Your Ads Should Look 100 Years Old, Kiss Metrics
Internet Marketing Industry
- Futuri Media Adds Huneke, Stubbendieck, and Hunziker to Its Innovation Team, PR Newswire
- NewVoiceMedia unveils speech analytics solution as part of Summer ’17 release to unlock the hidden value in customer conversations, Real Wire
- Don’t Limit MarTech to Top of the Funnel: Apply Across the Entire Customer Journey, CMS Wire
- How blockchain technology will revolutionize advertising, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Disconnecting from display: Mobile apps need tailored quality solutions, Digiday
- Micro-Moments Now: Three New Consumer Behaviors Playing Out in Google Search Data, Think with Google
- The Place of Newspapers in the Local Marketing Ecosystem, Street Fight
- How to Use Facebook to Create Powerful Customer Personas, The AdStage Blog
- If You’re Not Using a Facebook Messenger Sequence, You’re Throwing Away Leads. This is How to Get Started., Crazy Egg
- July Highlights: What’s New for Marketers on Facebook, Facebook Business
- 12 Tips Every Brand Should Incorporate Into a Live Stream Marketing Campaign, Marketo
- How Video Rankings Differ on Google and YouTube [New Study], Tubular Insights
- Push Play on Growth: Why You Need YouTube Advertising, PPC Hero